Re: nEW tIRES FOR AN aCURA Legend

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vince on September 15, 1998 at 16:51:24:

In Reply to: nEW tIRES FOR AN aCURA Legend posted by David G on September 14, 1998 at 09:55:03:

I'm in the same boat. Here's what I've learned so far: the MXV4's are great original tires but pricey to replace - I've got a quote as high as $129.00. Basically a Grand Touring tire, you probably know that it is standard on several manufacturer's high end sport sedans. Michelin recently introduced an improved compound MXV4 Energy model. However, Pirelli offers a decent Grand Touring model known as the P6000 Sport Veloce (SV), which sells for less than $90 - I've been quoted $77.00. Mind you, this is an "H" rated tire (130 MPH) versus the MXV4's "V" rating (149MPH). I don't know about you, but my 93 Legend only gets up to 110MPH before I run out of freeway!

The P6000 SV is also available in a V rating for 10 bucks more each.

Pirelli also makes the P6000, a summer tire which rates as a High Performance model. Its design is not for year round use, although for me here in Texas, snow is not much of a factor. The summer versoin appears to be fairly different to the SV version. Not sure why they call them both P6000s. My guess is the SV offers better balance of ride and handling.

Other tires that fit the Legend include Dunlop's D60 A2. At around $55.00, this tire is a bargain in the same class as Pirelli, although I've read that it is noisier.

Check out Tire Rack at www.tirerack.com for lots of free info and pricing. Let me know what you learn.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: nEW tIRES FOR AN aCURA Legend

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.