Toyota truck upgrading 14 inch to 15 inch wheels

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by chuck farley on September 06, 1998 at 21:04:53:

I own a 1994 Toyota Pick-up 2 wheel drive STD, I'm thinking about replacing the stock
wheels with 15 inch wheels. I'm looking for stock Toyota steel wheels, not Mag or custom
wheels, but stock Toyota STEEL wheels. Does anybody have any ideas which Models/Years
wheels will fit ? The stock wheels are 14 X 5, 5 lug, with 15 small holes on the side of
the rim. The stock tires are 195p75r14 by replacing these tires with 205p70r15 the
overall height is changed by less than a quarter of an inch, and the speedometer would
not need to be recalibrated. My main reason for upgrading the wheels and tires is the 75
series tires. The sidewalls flex way too much (the truck ride like a boat) if I swicthed
to a 70 series in a 14 inch wheel this would req. recalibrating the speedometer.
If you done this change out please let me know how you like it ?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Toyota truck upgrading 14 inch to 15 inch wheels

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.