Re: Re: Firehawk SZ50's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by barry on August 31, 1998 at 12:19:00:

In Reply to: Re: Firehawk SZ50's posted by David on June 14, 1998 at 13:38:27:

Defective tires are not limited to any one manufacturer. ALso, the blanket statement about Firestone being the worst manufacturer is nonsense.

I have had SZ50 245/45VR17 on my heavy AWD hard driven car for 13,000 miles. They replaced a set of XGTZ4s and prior to that the SP7000.

Both wet and dry traction of the SZ50 is superior to either of these tires, and wander has been virtually eliminated. The tires have very stiff sidewalls and do not roll over under hard cornering unlike the XGTZ4 did. Braking stability has increased and distance reduced.

I can't fault these tires in any way based on experiences with previous tires on my car (and even other tires on other cars) other than the fact that they wear quickly. But that is a feature not limited to the SZ50 but rather the fact that they are a Z rated high performance soft compound tire.

You'll notice they have received very high performance ratings compared to other high performance tires. Check it out at the Tire Rack.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Firehawk SZ50's

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.