Re: Dunlop???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on August 24, 1998 at 10:24:33:

In Reply to: Dunlop??? posted by Mike on August 23, 1998 at 11:35:12:

I have a VW GTI with SP 8000's on it and I think they're great tires. Great tires for the car and the way I drive. I SCCA race the car and drive it very aggressively on the road. For a combination racing and street tire they are excellent. I don't think they would be very good tires on an Impreza. They ride harshly, last me about 20,000 miles, are terrible in the snow and questionable in the rain. I have owned RE71's and I would rate them about the same, except that they are downright terribe in the rain (I spun my RX-7 out three times in the rain!). A tire I would recommend for you would be the Dunlop D60 A2. A friend of mine has them on a Honda Civic and I am very impressed with them. They are a little harsh on expansion joints but great otherwise for the aggressive street driver. Without serious modifications your Impreza would not be able to take advantage of the dry performance an RE71 or an SP8000 offer. Using these tires on your car would probably diminish some of the reasons you bought it in the first place.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Dunlop???

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.