"plus one" make sense for Michelin X-1?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Warren on August 22, 1998 at 01:32:10:

I'm excited to see tires like the X-1 being brought to market. However, the fact that a tire now has a 6 year unlimited tread warranty means it is no longer a casual decision when it comes to purchase. It is more like getting married! And almost as expensive!!! So, my question is as follows: Are the X-1's going to be a sloppy tire in a similar fashion to the original equipment tire on my "about to be delivered" Odyssey with Bridgestone SF 411's will likely turn out to be? I dont think I'm getting RE71's in disguise here, so plan on an immediate swap at the local tire discounter. I wonder if it would be smart to "plus one" the Honda right from the start. Can I spend too much money, but ultimately have my cake and eat it too? Any experience with plus one with X-1???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: "plus one" make sense for Michelin X-1?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.