Re: All shook up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by McMatto on August 06, 1998 at 13:44:46:

In Reply to: All shook up posted by Norm Klemens on August 04, 1998 at 14:57:58:

I've got a similar problem on my 96 Mustang GT, after getting new (and $$) Falken ZE-502's. Like you, the shimmy/wobble is very noticeable above 45-50MPH. It does seem to fade away over 80MPH, though. I've been back to the tire dealer 3x, and had the Ford dealer check out everything. Nothing was amiss w/ balancing, alignment, pressure, suspension, etc. I may have a small "flat spot" on one of the tires, I don't know.
But you've had multiple sets of tires, so that's probably not it. Did you check your rotors? Does your problem occur when braking? Even if it doesn't, check the rotors, they may be slightly warped. My rotors seem fine. You didn't say how bad your shimmy was. No one I've asked, and I've asked, seems to know. A real mystery! I've given up running around, and am trying to live with it. On the highway, I drive 85MPH and don't feel it as much.
GOOD LUCK!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: All shook up

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.