Re: Re: Re: SUMITOMO HTR4 TIRES--Anyone have 'em? Anyone like 'em??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TT on July 21, 1998 at 23:32:30:

In Reply to: Re: Re: SUMITOMO HTR4 TIRES--Anyone have 'em? Anyone like 'em?? posted by TT, please read on July 19, 1998 at 18:16:16:

My tire size is 185/60/14. I have 25000 highway and mostly paved road miles on them. I am not an avid rotator of tires so they were on my front end for about 20000 miles. Maybe that's why they wore quickly. Noise, well my Jetta is not the quietest car so I can't comment on that, but I don't think the noise is any louder than my current front tires, Goodyear Eagle GTII's. Wet weather, they are pretty good, I can remember only a few times remarking to myself that the tires were hydroplaning and that was in pretty deep puddles. The sidewall is smooth with the word Sumitomo being serrated. Basically, there are better tires on the market, but for total package that includes performance and price, I would think they are a very good buy. Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: SUMITOMO HTR4 TIRES--Anyone have 'em? Anyone like 'em??

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.