Re: Does anybody have any comments on the Yokohama Avid H4???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by robmoz on July 20, 1998 at 18:48:41:

In Reply to: Does anybody have any comments on the Yokohama Avid H4??? posted by John on July 20, 1998 at 10:11:41:

I have 195/60-15s mounted on a 90 Nissan 240SX. They are miles better (no pun intended) than the Pirelli P700s they replaced. I find that w/ roughly 8k miles, they've worn well so far. Pretty decent with respect to noise and ride. Handling is good for an all-season tire, but pretty average for a performance tire. I've had no problems with hydroplaning, even in heavy rain. They have two large circumferential grooves that seem to channel the water well. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to test them in the snow this winter as we got exactly 0" here in DC this year. I'll be curious to see how they do. Their tread design does not look like a snow pattern (i.e. is not very blocky, like a GT+4, for instance). I'd be pretty skeptical about trying to use them all season in chicago! I think they were a very good deal (like $60 a tire), though. I might suggest getting some steel rims and snow tires that you can put on on the really bad days and use the AVIDs the rest of the time. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Does anybody have any comments on the Yokohama Avid H4???

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.