Dunlop S4000 vs. Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce for wet/snow

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill Mathews on July 16, 1998 at 16:27:53:

I've zeroed in on one of these tires as choice for 205-55-15 size replacements on my Mazda 626. (There's not much avialable in that size.)
The local dealers have quoted prices that are close for each tire, so the deciding factor is their performance in the wet and especially in snow. (We have enough to need all-season, but not enough to warrant snow tires on FWD.)
I've seen postings here that the SP _doesn't_ do well in the rain, but is O.K. in the snow. Haven't been able to locate anything about the P6000SV in either.
The SP is only available in 'Z' rating in my size; the P6000SV is a 'V' rating. The SP is described as a performance tire, the SV as a grand touring tire. Based on nothing but these ratings/descriptions, I'd assume the Pirelli would have a slightly softer tread compound which would help it in rain and snow,and that the Dunlop would give me better dry handling.
Any experiences/thoughts would be most appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Dunlop S4000 vs. Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce for wet/snow

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.