Re: 78 CORVETTE REPLACEMENT TIRES

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Colber on July 06, 1998 at 19:09:28:

In Reply to: 78 CORVETTE REPLACEMENT TIRES posted by Ellis Gray on July 04, 1998 at 13:34:40:

I have 74 coupe, 79 coupe, 88 roadster and have had excellent luck with DUNLOP QUALIFER. Just by accident I ended up with DUNLOPS on 74 and as soon as I left garage I noticed all the drive line noise that I thought was related to u-joints, rear axle bearings was from the previous tires. The car rolled like hell, and when you backed off the gas the tires had much less rolling resistance. At first they felt like 4 big ballons but within a day or two I adjusted to the ride and loved em since. The tires always wore true and require little rebalancing. I have been told this is true for the tires manufactured in Japan and the U.S. or other versions can be less reliable. My second choice would be BF GOODRICH just cuz they are cheap and give pretty good wear. I don't really look for tires for handling, if you want a corvette to handle buy a c4 or c5 corvette.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: 78 CORVETTE REPLACEMENT TIRES

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.