Goodyear Aqutread failure

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Wilson on July 04, 1998 at 23:26:08:

Hi!
I just found this site tonight, as I was going to the Net to find information about a possible tire problem.

A couple of years ago, a front tire blew on our '89 Camry at 110kph (!). I managed to control the car and get stopped, but not before the tire was competely shredded. Therefore, the Goodyear dealer said that he couldn't tell what had caused the blow-out. We had Road Hazard, and got a new tire, at no cost.
Since then, I heard rumours about problems with the Aquatread I.s, but I didn't worry about it too much. That is until today, when another blew suddenly on my wife.
The car (my wife is the usual driver) had been wobbling somewhat the day before; I thought that perhaps it was a drivetrain problem from my wife hitting a curb! Then today-boom!

I found one posting tonight about first generation Aqutread problems, a demand for recall or investigation.
Before I go back to Good Year, I want information if a fault exists that they are not being honest about.
Does anyone have any facts on an Aquatread problem, or where I can go to find out about it?

Thanks,
Ken
Ancaster, Ontario

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Goodyear Aqutread failure

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.