Re: Experience with Yokohama A509/FWD TSi comments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Q. on May 28, 1997 at 17:15:08:

In Reply to: Experience with Yokohama A509/FWD TSi comments posted by George Wood on May 23, 1997 at 12:47:13:

I considered the A509's when I re-tired my '86 Nissan Maxima. However, I later found out
that they are not all-season tires by any means (which means the grip goes away as soon as
it gets cold out - all-season rating is a temperature-compound thing). If you are OK
without all-season tires, A509's are cheap and good, though Pirelli P600's offer a bit more
useable grip.

The tire I decided on was the Yokohama AVID MD-H4. They replace the Dunlop D60-A2's I
used to have. Great tires: directional groove, work better than the Dunlops in the dry,
WAY better in the wet, and they're all-season. I got them at around $60 a tire, mail-
ordered from Discount Tire Direct (I think - the Tire Rack also sells them).

Good Luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Experience with Yokohama A509/FWD TSi comments

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.