Re: Energy MXV4, D60A2, Potenza RE92 for Contour?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe on June 20, 1998 at 22:20:58:

In Reply to: Energy MXV4, D60A2, Potenza RE92 for Contour? posted by Bob Plantz on June 18, 1998 at 20:06:07:

Although it's common to hear critical acclaim on the D60A2, my experience with a set I bought two years ago was shortlived. The tires were almost bald at 25,000 miles and it was even wear, not due to alignment, balancing or "smoking the tires". Fortunately, Allied Tires prorated the tires and me into a set of SP40's (also Dunlop) for next to nothing. Both the SP40 and the D60A2 tires were/are a significant improvement over the original Yokohama tires. The SP40 is more of a touring tire and is therefore quieter than the D60A2. Both of these tires did very well in their respective categories in Consumer Reports tire testing.

I should add that these tires were put on a 91 Mazda MPV (which is a minivan). The size was 205/70-14 which I believe is a discontinued size for the D60A2. Some would say, "Why put D60A2s on a minivan"? - I did because I feel that a minivan needs these tires to help compensate for the poor braking and cornering which is so prevalent in these vehicles. It did make quite a difference. I should also add that today's D60A2 tire is almost certainly improved over the D60A2 I purchased so treadwear may not be an issue any longer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Energy MXV4, D60A2, Potenza RE92 for Contour?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.