General 225/75R15 Ameritech ST on a Wrangler...GREAT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on May 14, 1997 at 07:09:42:

I have a Jeep Wrangler in Italy, I have had it here for 5 years and the original GoodYear
Wrangler tires were ok but could not tame the streets of Italy. The curves here are sharp and flat
and are made for low-riding, curve sucking, 1 liter cars.

To keep up with these little rocket sleds I made a few engine adjustments and put newer
tires on them from the "TIRE RACK". They have a street tread but the channels are thick.
On the street, these tires tear up the street. I have taken them into the ALPS to ski a couple of
times and I have never sliped. This did come as a surprise to me. I had my snow chains all
ready to put on but these tires did it when other sport utes where stuck or spinning.

I recommend these tires to whoever wants a good set of street tires that will curve for
a SUV and the tires also need to get through lifes little trials on the road.

These tires have been mudding, snowing, and been through three feet of water in the middle
of a coastal city here. As for the water, these babies will forge through any depths of it.
Hydro-planeing....never. Only a fool would part with these babies.

Price when I bought them...$48 each
Price as of 14 MAY 97 .....$62 each check for specials from the TIRE RACK in road & track magazine.

Good luck with your tires. I hope this advise has helped somebody.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: General 225/75R15 Ameritech ST on a Wrangler...GREAT

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.