Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE71 on Stealth RT

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan on June 03, 1998 at 15:41:30:

In Reply to: Bridgestone Potenza RE71 on Stealth RT posted by Pete on May 05, 1998 at 23:46:12:

I've had a +1 set of RE71's on alloy wheels for my '93 Civic Si and I can honestly
say that of any performance upgrade I've made, they were the best. There dry weather handling is
superb and they are pretty solid in the wet too, though I suspect the more modern tires
will have better wet weather performance. The RE71 was designed for the Porsche 959 supercar
back in 1984 so they have been around for a while, but then again so has the basic 911 design
and it still works! The one comment I would make about them is they can be a little noisy,
not intrusively so, but on the right pavement conditions (fresh, damp) you will hear them,
but only if the radio is off and you are fanatic enough to listen for such things. I believe
Tire Rack still carries them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Bridgestone Potenza RE71 on Stealth RT

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.