Help! Looking for tires for '89 Prelude Si

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Greene on June 02, 1998 at 22:52:17:

I am on the hunt for good tires for my Prelude. It's paid for and I only have 102K miles on it so I want to get tires that will make me want to keep it a little while longer. My mechanic says to replace my old Michelin MXV4s with the X1. Well the guy at NTB says that isn't an "H" rated tire (which is what I need) but an "S" and I would need to go with the Michelin Energy for a comparable model. Since it cost around $97 a pop I asked what else he had that was comparable. He recommended the Yokohama A5100 (I think) and said that it should give the same performance. All I want is a speed rated tire that will stick like glue to the road in wet and dry. I am not as concerned with lifespan on treadware considering I will keep the car only another 40-50K since I now have a 16 month old and figure I will someday have to take the car seat out of the back (don't worry my wife has a Rodeo for when all 3 of us go somewhere). I would greatly appreciate anyone who has a Honda (especially a Prelude) to give me an idea of what I should be looking at. I had a Civic before and put Bridgestones on it and hated them. I don'
t want to make the same mistake again. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Help! Looking for tires for '89 Prelude Si

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.