Re: student looking for high performance tires,H E L P!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RIDAH on May 24, 1998 at 21:26:47:

In Reply to: student looking for high performance tires,H E L P!!!!!!!! posted by VICK on May 22, 1998 at 02:31:45:

Hey Vick, I have a 1995 Honda Civic DX Special Edition coupe with alot of upgrades too, I just put on 15x6.5in TSW Blade rims. I looked at many brands and models of tires. Really it depends on what your driving characteristics are. For ultra high performance go for Pirelli P700-Z with a z-rating. These tires are exceptionally awesome in the dry and wet end especially in cornering. They are very soft rubber which means faster wear. Next two tires i looked at is in between high performance and touring. The Bridgestone Potenza RE900 and the Toyo Proxes FX-1, these tires behave more like high performance tires with the wear and comfort characteristics of a touring tire. The Potenza is rated better in the rain and slightly better in the dry compared to the Toyos. And if your looking for a long lasting tire go for the Yokohama Avid T1. They behave more like a luxury tire and surely has good wearing characteristics. As for the guy who reccomended Comp T/A's yah right, they are not even available in a 15in for the civic. After researching which tire was best for me, i went to the Potenza RE900's, which had very good high performance characteristics, comfort, and wear. I put 10000km on mine now and they are just great, handling of my civic has greatly improved. I think these tires would be just right for your car too. All these tires that I looked at range from $80-$100 canadian, which is pritty cheap up here since they are considered performance tires. Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: student looking for high performance tires,H E L P!!!!!!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.