Re: Tires for GMC Z-71

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by chris on May 12, 1998 at 16:49:16:

In Reply to: Tires for GMC Z-71 posted by Wundy on May 06, 1998 at 20:50:55:

the BFG is a good on off road tire, not to grat in the mud they tend to cake up, but are great on road and in the snow if you air them down
the bridge stone is a ok tire, better on the raod than anything,they cake up in the mud once again,the good year is a fairly ok tire, a bit to high in price i think
but good on the road, i dont know much about any of the other tires you listed, My slef or one of my freindes have ran the 3 abouve, out of those 3 i would go with the bfg
3 ply side wall, good road maners, so so in slight mud,good in snow if you air them down, but dont except to go threw big drefts with them,and good millage, road nosie is lamost nothing

if you reallt want a tire that will get you threw the mud to a point no deep bogs or anything and be good in snow but will give up a little on ice
i would go with a mudder, like the bfg mudder, or a yockhama super digger, but get good millage on the raod road manners are about the same as the a/t and they work good in the snow
but the will give up some on the ice and wet road, nothing like a super swaper or antthing.
dont let the word mudder scare you off
hopw this helps
Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tires for GMC Z-71

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.