Re: Tires for Eagle Talon Tsi AWD--Advice, anyone?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by George Wood on May 09, 1998 at 16:22:39:

In Reply to: Tires for Eagle Talon Tsi AWD--Advice, anyone? posted by Dave on May 08, 1998 at 09:35:33:

If you want to get the most out of your car (and since you already have snows)STAY AWAY FROM ALL SEASONS. Best values that I can find are at the Tire Rack, pick up a Car&Driver or visit them on the net. I'm was going to pick up a set of Sumitomos, but they're no longer listed as being on special. Instead I'll pick up a set of Dunlop SP8000s or D40M2s.
Both tires are bargains at 95ish and 85ish each + shipping. Both work far better than anything that ever came stock on this car. Beware of wear, both will disappear substantially quicker than RS-As or most other all-season tires. However, if you're running snows for part of the year this will lessen the blow.
If you havn't done so already do yourself a big favour and check out dsm.org for a mind blowing wealth of Talon information.
Cheers George,
90 TSi FWD soon to be getting new Dunlops.
Buying Dunlops cause I'm getting a good deal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tires for Eagle Talon Tsi AWD--Advice, anyone?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.