Re: !!!HELP!!! Yoko's AVS S4 or Dunlop SP 4000 A/S !!!!!HELP!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gregg on May 08, 1998 at 22:09:17:

In Reply to: !!!HELP!!! Yoko's AVS S4 or Dunlop SP 4000 A/S !!!!!HELP!!!!! posted by Jason on November 23, 1997 at 21:30:23:

You've probably already done something about this. If the Mazima is constrained like my 96 Camry, the 225s--thugh technically the correct "Plus Zero" to your OEM 205s, will not fit....the same reason I also went 215-60-15...with fine results. Rgardless, I'd stick with your 215-60s or go to 215-55-16s like the new ones (and Mercedes E320, etc.) for even better handling if you can buy new wheels. The 225s may result in more road noise and freeway wander. The BMWs seem to get away with putting nicer (bigger) sized tires on their cars OEM, but probably because of their handling-engineering orientation to begin with and rear drive configruation. On the other hand, the later generation Ford Probe V6s seemed to do fine with 225s, but that was with a lower profile/bigger wheel set up. Back to the Yokos and our mutual zize: I loved the Yoko AVSs, but got off-track on rotation and an alignment problem and ended up sounding like snow tires...a friendly local dealer swapped out a set of Pirellis (lesser performance, but quieter or at least NEW to start being more religious about the rotation. No complaints about the Yoko performance though...and had I been better about watching the alignment and rotation, they probably would have worked out fine.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: !!!HELP!!! Yoko's AVS S4 or Dunlop SP 4000 A/S !!!!!HELP!!!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.