Royal Seal Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gary Pichini on May 05, 1998 at 11:15:46:

I am leasing a Winstar that I obtained in March of 98. I noticed one tire going low, so I aired it up thinking it was just low from the prep. Two weeks later it dropped 15 lbs so I took it to a service station for repair.
They informed me that the vehicle has Royal Seal tires on it, so they only moved the
goop around in side the tire in hopes that it would seal it. They also balanced it for a total of $8.00. I spoke to my Brother, who manages a Belle Tire store, to obtain the phone number to Uniroyal. He informed
me that Michelin bought Uniroyal and Belle Tire repairs them free of charge because they
are a dealer. Well, I spoke to three people at Uniroyal in hopes of getting a refund for my repair charges. I figure if they are "Royal Seals" they shouldn't require any repair for
a small leak. Well, no dice. They refused to back up their product stating that they sometimes need repair.
OK..A Uniroyal Royal Seal, a tire with claims they can seal themselves will need to be repaired. Sorry, I don't go for that.
In fact...I will never buy a set of Uniroyals ever.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Royal Seal Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.