Re: Tires for a 96' Camry

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg Kiely on May 05, 1998 at 02:58:20:

In Reply to: Tires for a 96' Camry posted by Mike on April 19, 1998 at 01:29:11:

I put 215-60-15s on a set of new BBS-RG 15x7s (single piece forged spec'd for Lexus ES300, same car) with great results. These replaced my 96 Camry SE-V6's original 205-65VR15s, providing a bit more handling without sacrificing any ride. The difference in height is negliglble (the "exact" "Plus Zero" size would theoretically be 225-60-15s, but they will not fit properly under the fenderwells. These 215-60s are not enough shorter to matter one bit and fall within acceptable "replacement" parameters. As a nice compromise between your current 14s and my solution, I would at least go to the original equipment Camry LE, SE and XLE V6 size of 205-65-15. Had I not been able to locate such a great deal on the BBSs in the 15x7 size, I would have been very tempted to got Plus One to 215-55-16. By the way--for all 92-96 Camry owners--esp driving enthusiasts--the traditional (complex cross-spoke) BBS wheel look does wonders for what is basically a pleasant but somewhat boring/conservative Camry design. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tires for a 96' Camry

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.