Re: Rainforce MX4 vs. X-one for wet roads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jonathan E. Schneeweis on April 16, 1998 at 17:59:29:

In Reply to: Rainforce MX4 vs. X-one for wet roads posted by Kevin G. on April 16, 1998 at 13:35:39:

I hope to be able to let you know in a few weeks as my fiancee just got new MX4's on her '89 Volvo 240 Wagon (GVWR 4300Lbs, RWD). I must say they are much quieter and stickier than her previous "no-name" tires which were very poor. I can say that I had little choice as I wanted to mount the oem fitment size of 185R14 which has a very high sidewall. So far they have been super tires. Two thoughts, 1) try asking michelin, 2) my understanding was that the X-One was one of those "unlimited mile" tires. Translation: a very hard, long wearing rubber that has very little grip. To me this alone sounds bad for performance wet and dry. What size tire do you need?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Rainforce MX4 vs. X-one for wet roads

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.