Trouble with BFG Radial T/As

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TrevDog on March 31, 1998 at 23:14:14:

I have a Chevy S-10 regular cab/regular bed. I had to replace the original Tiger Paws after they developed deep cracks along the bead. I chose BFG Radial T/As for their reputation as a touring tire. Initially the handling and ride was great.

My dealer, unfortunately, set the tire pressure at 35psi all around. When I went to rotate them (about 10k miles), I noticed that the rears were cupped (the center tread was noticeably shorter that the surrounding tread). With these on the front, the truck handles poorly. I left the fronts at 35 psi, and lowered the rears to 28 psi. The dealer went bankrupt earlier this year (of course), so I can’t squawk to them.

I’ve tried everything from 20 to 35 psi on the front to counteract the cupping, but it drifts all over. Any ideas on curing this handling and wear problem? What about finding the optimum tire pressure for a pickup’s front and rear tires?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Trouble with BFG Radial T/As

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.