Re: Am I damaging my car???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joel Smith on November 26, 1997 at 18:07:06:

In Reply to: Am I damaging my car??? posted by Debbie on November 23, 1997 at 23:05:50:

I doubt you are doing any serious damage. But, being that you are running an almost 2" taller tire your speedometer will be reading slower than you are actually going. 60mph (or kph) indicated will actually be 64mph. Related to that, you have also lost some acceleration ability with the taller tires (taller tires are equivalent to having taller gearing - although it probably is not a significant difference) Also, most likely your handling will suffer as well. A 205/55/15 is a performance tire size, wheras a 205/65 is not (generally). Lastly, you might want to try a 205/60/15, as they are a quite common size and should be significantly cheaper and closer to the original size. If you do replace them, do all four at once.
Joel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Am I damaging my car???

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.