Re: Re: How are Dunlop D60 A2 tires?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Chen on November 25, 1997 at 20:55:18:

In Reply to: Re: How are Dunlop D60 A2 tires? posted by Mike Burgenger on September 10, 1997 at 03:07:18:

I was just looking for the Dunlop Webpage and came across your question. I don't know if you still want to know but here goes nothing I guess.
I don't drive a Bimmer like you do but I have a '95 Civic and they came OEM with Dunlop D60 A2s and I can say that they are great. I did the regular rotations every 7500 miles or so and they (two of them) lasted for 68,000 miles. The other two I had replaced because I blew out one of them while driving in snow but it wasn't a tire defect or anything. It was a nail under the snow and just ran over it. I change the tires on the axle to GoodYear Invicta GLs and they totally stink. They bombed big time. I had them put on at around 30,000 and they only lasted as long as the original Dunlops to 68,000.
All I can say is that they last long, are 9 (out of 10) on dry roads, 7 on wet and the noice level generated is acceptable. Of course I only drive a Civic and it's not anywhere near a performance car or anything but the tires get my car going.
I have about 92,000 miles on my car now and they are riding on 4 D60 A2s and I love them. They're also not that expensive. My 175/65x14 only cost $47 each through mail.

Anyway... that's that. Hope above helped.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: How are Dunlop D60 A2 tires?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.