!HELP! Need new tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Taber on November 22, 1997 at 19:20:55:

I currently have the factory Goodyear Gatorback VR50s on my 96 Probe GT and the front set is pretty much gone. I got ~27k miles out of them (I drive pretty hard). I DON'T want to get another set of Gatorbacks because they suck in the rain and cold, and they are very noisy! I like to listen to music on my daily drive. I am currently looking at Firestone Firehawk SZ50, Pirelli P7000SS, and Bridgestone Potenza RE940. Does anybody have any experience with these (compared to similar tires)? Any other suggestions? My main concerns are better wet handling, less noise, and comparable dry handling and wear. I know that's a lot to ask, but I know there is a tire out there somewhere that comes really close. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: !HELP! Need new tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.