Re: Michelin X-one

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark L. on November 03, 1999 at 13:25:09:

In Reply to: Michelin X-one posted by Peter Flemming on October 13, 1999 at 13:34:45:

Do you have anyone that can look into my trouble(s) with Michelin Tire Company???
I bought a set of their""BEST X -ONES"... these tires were promoted as their best tires. They were made with new technological innovations to make them safer than the rest of the tires on the road. When I complained of unsafe driving conditions with these tires, they seem to want to put me into a different tire. But refuse to back the tire that I got. In fact they aren't even offering me the same tire, making me feel as if they are aware of a problem with these tires, but due to what would be a costly fix don't want to admit to it publicly. I can't believe with them still having half of the tread (that was determined by NTB who sells them and looked at them for Michelin) that , in rain, or in small amounts of snow the tires don't hold the road whatsoever. They drive as though tires that are completely bald. I wonder how many other individuals have paid the premium price for these tires that are promoted by their commercials as being safe, and are wrongly thinking that these tires will perfom even as well as a normal tire. There appears to be problems in as much as they have changed the amount of air that was reccommended initially and that they don't seem to want to put me back into the same tire. Even if I were to drop the fact that I have lost money, which is a small issue compared to the how dangerous these tires are, I would still wonder about the other guy on the road thinking that these tires will at least respond as a normal tire does. Will he plow into my family or someone elses?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin X-one

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.