Re: Storing tires on rims, standing up or on their sides?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick on November 03, 1999 at 10:26:54:

In Reply to: Storing tires on rims, standing up or on their sides? posted by Dave on November 01, 1999 at 12:38:06:

I would keep them stacked on the sidewalls. Only because they tend to take up less space and if your garage is like mine you need the room. Since you have them mounted and I am assuming inflated you are better off either way that you store them. The air provide substantial support to the tires. Don't forget to check the air pressure before putting them back on the car. Tires do loose air over extented periods of time.

When storing tires you want to keep them in a cool dry spot. They should be away from any solvents (Gas, oil, ...), ozone (generators), and moisture. These elements will destroy the integratity of the tire. I would suggested storing them in a closed garbage bag if the tires are small enough.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Storing tires on rims, standing up or on their sides?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.