Re: Re: best tires for snow & slush? ?Hakka 1 or Arctic Alpin

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff on October 26, 1999 at 15:09:14:

In Reply to: Re: best tires for snow & slush? ?Hakka 1 or Arctic Alpin posted by Hakken on October 26, 1999 at 09:57:27:

I would disagree with this. In general, the expression "you get what you pay for" holds true
when you are talking about tires. Sure you can save some $$ by buying some Crappy tire brand
(a.k.a Uniroyal) tires. The point is that they probably won't perform as well or last
as long as the more expensive tires. What is the purpose of buying snow tires?
So that we can safely and effectively drive in the most severe service conditions our
vehichle is likely to be in. I don't know about you, but I would prefer to have the best
tires on my car in these circumstances. If you look at the cost differential between tires
and amortize the amount over the lifetime of the tires, you're talking pennies a day, and
I am not even considering the longer life the more expensive tire may have. As far as I'm
concerned, that is a small price to pay for the peace of mind I will have knowing that I haven't
"skimped" when it comes to the safety and security of me and my family.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: best tires for snow & slush? ?Hakka 1 or Arctic Alpin

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.