Re: Tire Recommendations

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bart on October 23, 1999 at 15:37:49:

In Reply to: Tire Recommendations posted by brian helms on September 10, 1999 at 11:37:12:

What you may be experiencing is something they call CUPPING. I am told by my Chevy Dealer that it is common in SUV's due in part to the vehicle size. This would give you the vibrations and louder road noise at greater speeds. I have goodyear tires on my Blazer and this cupping started to occur within a year of purchasing the vehicle. Of course I was not rotating my tires properly. With proper tire rotation, you may be able to delay this phenomenon. However, I think it would occur eventually. I am not sure if there are other tire brands out there that resist cupping. I am looking for another brand of tire, possiblt the Dunlop Radial Rover P.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Tire Recommendations

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.