Re: Dunlop Radial Rovers?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on October 22, 1999 at 22:15:06:

In Reply to: Dunlop Radial Rovers? posted by mjc on October 20, 1999 at 09:49:54:

I have P235/75-15 Rover RV's on my '76 IH Traveller (long wheelbase Scout II, basically) 4X4 with a limited slip rear axle. They were on the vehicle when I purchased it and are at about 50% tread depth. They are impressive in snow, mud, on wet grassy hillsides and wet and dry pavement, I like 'em. If and when I re-tire this vehicle I will buy the LT235's, they should be a little stiffer in the sidewall and offer improved steering feel. Either this IH really knows how to find traction off-road or these tires are really capable.

I put LT255/85-16's on my '75 F-350 4X2, RV's in back and AT's in front. No posi-traction, really stiff suspension and a long wheelbase hinder this dude off-road, but being careful, I haven't been stuck yet. On-road they perform very well, dry, rain, or snow. These are fairly tall tires and the tread squirm and sidewall flex are more than I like. Use the widest wheel that you can and keep the pressures near maximum. By the way, I drive all of my vehicles hard.

Overall, I like these tires. I don't think I would put RV's on the front of a 4X2. I don't rotate the tires on my F-350. I plan on buying more Radial Rovers in the future.

Oh yeah, I saw a half-ton, late model, independant suspension 4X4 Chevy, in a parking lot, with LT255/85-16 Radial Mud Rovers and they were wearing extremely evenly.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Dunlop Radial Rovers?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.