Re: BS RE910 Vs FS Affinity Vs BT70s Vs FH30 Vs AVID T4 for Altima

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by az on October 14, 1999 at 23:06:09:

In Reply to: BS RE910 Vs FS Affinity Vs BT70s Vs FH30 Vs AVID T4 for Altima posted by Vlad on September 28, 1999 at 03:09:32:

I have a set of Yokohama Avid T4's on my Pontiac 6000. The tire is made for Summer ! excellent on dry pavement, very little noise and great handling. On wet pavement, it channels water decently enough to not hydroplane the car, but I am afraid to overspeed on cornering due to my winter experience with these tires... panic stops are sure to cause you to get into an accident, The deep grooves on the tires help to channel and keep the car going straight, but it just locks ups, there is no braking effect on the tire itself and the car just keeps on going... I was pretty lucky, when this happened to me i pumped my brakes (no abs) until it slowed down enough... I still ended up skidding through the intersection... so if you are going to put snows on for winter, you probably are okay otherwise.. I's go with a Michelin XGT type.. the ones I had on before... they gave me over 150,000 KMS on them before i went with the yoko's.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: BS RE910 Vs FS Affinity Vs BT70s Vs FH30 Vs AVID T4 for Altima

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.