Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Guy on October 11, 1999 at 15:43:42:

In Reply to: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit posted by Twana on April 16, 1999 at 13:16:15:

I had a damaged rim and a blowout in 1995 on my 94 850T wagon with 205/50's. Found a place to
repair the rim for $75 (unbelievable job!) After that, though I decided to scrap the 50's and go to 55's all around.
You have to put spacers in to keep the wheels from turning too much and rubbing holes in the plastic wheel wells, but
other than that I never had problems using 55's. This was the second car I had with Michelins and they are TERRIBLE
cold/wet weather tires. I went with Yokohama A509's and have never been happier.
To hell with Michelins and Pirellis. You can buy these mailorder (or at least get a mailorder
price to use as leverage at NTB or wherever you buy your tires). Try the tire rack (I think
it's www.tirerack.com). By the way, I have no commercial interest in any of the companies
I mentioned here. I just hate crappy, expensive tires.

I got my certificate notice inMarch, and the actual certificate in September. I was furious
to find out that since I had already bought a new Volvo BEFORE I received the certificate,
I couldn't take the $1,000 credit toward the new car. So I had to take the $500.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: !995 Volvo 850 Turbowgn. class action tire/wheel lawsuit

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.