Re: Bridgestone Turanza H Revo's vs. Yoko AVID H4's vs. Dunlop D60 A2's vs Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Vin on September 24, 1999 at 00:12:11:

In Reply to: Bridgestone Turanza H Revo's vs. Yoko AVID H4's vs. Dunlop D60 A2's vs Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce?? posted by Wayne H. on September 22, 1999 at 11:00:22:

I'd go with the Dunlop. I tried a set of Bridgestones for a few thousand miles and pitched them. They were not even close to what the manufacturer ( or Tire Rack) said they were. It was the RE930 I tried and I wasn't impressed at all. The thing that bothered me the most was that they were LOUD!! They made this chirping fluttering noise a low speeds that turned into an obnoxious hum on the highway.
I've owned Pirelli's in the past and they've been good tires. The only set of Yokos I've owned were on a CRX Si. They were grippy but tended to hydroplane at speed in rainy weather. Two of them within a couple of months needed replaced under 10,000 miles because of broken belts which caused the side wall to 'blister'.
Out of any tire I've owned (aside from my Hakka snows), the Dunlops have been the best. They do what they're supposed to and they do it well. They're grippy, quiet, ride comfortably, and tread water well at speed. I've never had problems with them and all 4 sets of D60 A2s I've had over the years wore evenly right down to the wear indicators. Even newar the end of their life, their handling remained consistent - other than hydroplaning but that's to be expected when your grooves and sipes wear down ;-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Bridgestone Turanza H Revo's vs. Yoko AVID H4's vs. Dunlop D60 A2's vs Pirelli P6000 Sport Veloce??

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.