Re: Firestone Wilderness Tires

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chester Miller on September 21, 1999 at 09:36:58:

In Reply to: Firestone Wilderness Tires posted by Monique Timmons on January 24, 1999 at 12:08:01:

I am currently investigating an accident involving an unexplained blow-out of a wilderness tire on a 99 Ford Ranger Pickup. I checked the other tire on the opposite side of the blow-out and the tire pressure was 40 psi. The Pickup was only 3 weeks old and had very few miles on it. This pickup also turned over after the blow out. I suspect an over inflation of the tire before it was mounted on the pickup, but right now I cannot prove it. I am looking for answers also. I am an vehicle accident reconstructionist. Let me know if you have gotten any further information. I have checked with a source at Firestone and I was told that there are no known defects for this tire at this time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Firestone Wilderness Tires

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.