NTB: Not Too Bright

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Gurney on September 12, 1999 at 23:56:44:

I bought an $800 set of Bridgestone RE71s for my '96 Cobra, and so far I've made eight trips to two NTBs in connection with these tires, problems with them, and damage done to my car by NTB. I've had the tires balanced twice in an attempt to eliminate a rythmic noise coming from one of them. First, NTB attempted to blame a wheel bearing. A dealer examination resulted in this diagnosis: "Noise is coming from tire." No kidding.

The last solution was to rotate the tires. Great, now the noise is coming from a different corner of the car.

And on two occasions, NTB has ruined and had to replace an entire set of center caps on the wheels. I had to stop a guy who was about to gouge the wheel alloy by prying the cap out with a bare screwdriver. Ever heard of wrapping that with a rag, pal? Any weekend driveway bungler could have figured that out.

Stay away from these morons.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: NTB: Not Too Bright

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.