Re: Re: Re: Dunlop Duelers (anyone heard of them?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on September 03, 1999 at 04:39:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Dunlop Duelers (anyone heard of them?) posted by MD on September 02, 1999 at 13:25:58:

OK - Makes more sense now. TG35's & Rover A/t's are a OK combination, not my first choice but a usable one.

Both the Bridgestone Dueler HT's your mechanic speaks of and the Michelin you mentioned are probably the the best choice and the best tires for the type application you describe. They very comparable products from two different manf., both intended to provide very similar ride & performance characteristics. Ideal for "light truck" applications that are primarily on road vehicles. They are desinged to provide a quiet, smooth ride & very good wet traction for mainly high way/on road use. They both have similar mileage or treadware ratings although I typicaly see the Michelin LTX M&S last slightly longer. I would conversely give the Bridgestones a slight edge in on road handling. Without getting into the technicle side of the explaination there is a direct coralation between the two characteristics. Though Both products provide more than exceptable performance in either area, they are individual characteristics that may help you decide one way or another. You should also find pricing to be comparable.

The Dunlop Radial Rover A/T is not a bad choice or option. While also designed for the same type of applications, it's clear advantage is the value. Priced signifigantly lower, probably $20 - $25 per tire depending on markets. Main difference in product performance will be due to a slightly more aggressive tread design. It provides exceptable on road characteristics, although side by side will not be as quiet as either the Michelin or Bridgestone. Wet traction and handling would be a toss up. An advantage for those who need it would be light off road capability if called on to deliver. Mileage expectations again are similar, though still giving the "nod" to the Michelins.

I am not specificly familiar with the XE LT4, a call to Michelins consumer affairs dept might provide an answer. If the cost issue is not a concern, based on your description of use, I would lean towards the Michelin LTX M&S or the Bridgestone Dueler HT's.

Hope it helps

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dunlop Duelers (anyone heard of them?)

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.