Re: Re: Re: Tempa spare - fyi

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Roger on September 02, 1999 at 14:03:20:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Tempa spare - fyi posted by Tire Guy on August 18, 1999 at 22:26:03:

I have seen some Tempa Spares marked "50 MPH Max" and this is probably due to a possibility of a change in emergency handling at higher speeds with certain vehicles. (Lawyers trying to prevent lawsuits from the ignorant masses)
I have not seen anything indicating that they are un safe or dangerous as long as they have at least 2/32" tread and you follow the MFG recomendation for max speed.
If you have a limited slip diff. it is also not a good idea to use a long time because of the extra wear possible on the rear end (of RWD)but again this is not an indication of unsafe characteristics at or below the vehicle mfh speed limit. The tires themselvs have to pass DOT 85 MPH High Speed test although I certainly would not drive on one at any thing approaching that speed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tempa spare - fyi

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.