Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon - Nitto vs. Toyo vs. Yokohama

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ray W on August 28, 1999 at 23:50:19:

I just purchased a Volvo 850 Turbo wagon with the Michelin tires (Pilot Hx). I want to (absolutely MUST) get new tires.

I find the Michelins harsh, and more importantly they seem to want to follow every rut they come across. Right now the tires are 205-50-zr16, but I want to go up to 205-55-16 v rated tires (more sidewall because of the blow-out tendency for these cars. I want something that has good performance, but I also need a half-way decent ride - heck, our roads up here are under so much construction you may as well be driving off-road!

Anyways, I am considering the Nitto 450, the Yokohama Avids or AVS, or the Toyo Proxes Fz-4 (pending I can even get my hands on them!). Anyone run these tires ona Volvo? Any one ever compare them all together?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon - Nitto vs. Toyo vs. Yokohama

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.