Re: Re: Some cupping on my 1997 (25K miles) Nissan Quest

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Hosea on August 11, 1999 at 20:16:46:

In Reply to: Re: Some cupping on my 1997 (25K miles) Nissan Quest posted by Roger on August 09, 1999 at 10:48:45:

I checked the shocks. There is no external evidence of a problem. I should emphasize that this uneven wear on the edge of the tire is something that I can SEE, but I'm not sure that I can actually hear it. I'm pretty attentive to the sounds and vibrations of a car, sometimes too attentive.

By "soft" I mean that that they wear quickly, meaning not a good compromise. Probably traction is good (at least I should hope so). I've heard more than once that the General Tire OE on these vans wear out very quickly. I'd guess that my tires MIGHT make it to 40K, but 36K looks more like it for a prudent person. My OE BF Goodrich tires on my Grand Prix lasted over 50K, and I replaced them a little early, too.

I'm doing nothing for the moment and just watching the situation. The forward X rotation might be a good way to get the most out of tires I have. I do plan to get the alignment when I get the new tires. Seems like a prudent thing to do at that juncture. :-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Some cupping on my 1997 (25K miles) Nissan Quest

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.