Re: Wider Tires for Mercury Villager 205's to 215's?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bradley on August 08, 1999 at 16:44:19:

In Reply to: Wider Tires for Mercury Villager 205's to 215's? posted by Orig on August 06, 1999 at 23:15:31:

Look at your owner's manual to see if you need clearance for tire chains etc.Check the tire manufacture's overall height and width, Micelin X One are about 1" wider in tread width than comparable tire sizes fom other company' specs. If you read other people's comments in Autopedia, the X One it is a glorified X Radial and Overpriced,but I bought mine from Costco because of 1- Price , 2- Road Hazard Warranty, 3- Customer Service
and their X Radial Plus = X One. Costco took back my 215/65-15 after a week and exchanged them for 205/65-15 because it looked better to me and wasn't overly big as the 215 (both in width and height). Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Wider Tires for Mercury Villager 205's to 215's?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.