The wheels exploded at 65mph

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete Bruning on August 01, 1999 at 12:41:31:

June 6th 1998, as I was traveling South on I40 through Brinkley Arkansas the left duel wheels exploded off my RV causing it to crash to the hub. Damage was done to my car (in tow) and the RV, and also a minor injury to my toe.

June 8th, I contacted Kelly Springfield Tire Co. The product liability department sent out an investigator. He stated that the cause of the problem was lose lug nuts.

Since I had just purchased new tires and had the lugs re-tightened on February 11th, I proceeded to call Discount tire, then their insurance carrier.

I was able to negotiate a settlement with a Mr. Akins (adjuster). He sent me a check and a release. The check was for less than he had specified and the conditions were altered. I sent him a letter stating that we had no meeting of the minds and that a final settlement would be possible if he would do what he had agreed to before.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: The wheels exploded at 65mph

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.