Re: Need Help on Michelin roadhandler T Plus

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steel on June 06, 1999 at 02:32:12:

In Reply to: Need Help on Michelin roadhandler T Plus posted by Jeff on June 02, 1999 at 10:15:09:

Michelin made the tire for Sears...as the message before this one says. I can't tell you what the equivilent is, and it may not even have a "Michelin" pattern, but rather one from a Michelin owned brand, or it might even have an older Michelin pattern that was established but replaced with a newer tread pattern. I have had Roadhandler tires on a car before (replacing possibly some of the worst tires of the last two decades, the Goodyear Corsas) and they were excellant, worlds better than the Goodyears. So while they are not Michelin's latest technology, they are probably still pretty good tires, and Michelin's overall are pretty good.
Are they better than the dunlops? More than likely yes. Honestly speaking, most oem tires suck. And some will dispute that. But usually oems don't handle great (to gain road MPG)or wear fast (to handle better) or don't do anything well (to cost less) Now this is not true with some luxury or high performance models! But what the Toyota guy said is reaffirmation of that...he might not know much about the roadhandlers, but he has seen plenty of the oems. Another example..family 200SX isn't going to make 36000 miles with the oem dunlop sp20s and it hasn't been driven hard. Another example..those Goodyear Corsas. So it is probably a step up to have lost those oem tires.
The warrenty on the Roadhandlers is probably different than what the OEM warrenty was on the Dunlops. Your warrenty would be from Sears and not Michelin I believe. However, you might have a break with this in the end BECAUSE they are roadhandlers. Since Sears is the only seller, you know they sold them and they know they sold them. And since they were put on with 48 miles on the odometer, you know about when they were changed. And if Sears disputes it just show them the odometer =) Now I highly doubt you would have to do this if you take decent care of the tires and all...but maybe this idea will add some peace of mind. In the end, I think you got better tires then all of the other Sienna vans with 48 miles leaving the lot...so I wouldn't worry about it! Happy drivin!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Need Help on Michelin roadhandler T Plus

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.