Need some tire advice

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wes Rimel on October 22, 1997 at 15:28:08:

I recently bought a used Pontiac Sunbird with 77,000 miles on it. I am somewhat concerned
because winter is coming up and the car has three different brands of tires on it. They
are all the same size however (P185/75/R14) and rated for snow (M+S). The tires on the
front look new, but I can't figure out the brand. All the say is "Ultra Premium".
The tires on the back are older but not ready to be replaced yet. One is a Michelin XZ4
and the other simply is stamped, "Sentry"

My first question is, with wintery roads fast approaching (i live in northern Idaho)
should I consider replacing the rear tires?

Second, does anyone know what company makes a tire stamped "Ultra Premium" on it but
doesn't include a brand name?

Finally, when I do buy new tires for the back what kind should I get, assuming I can't
figure out what brand (and style) is in front? Currently, I'm thinking about Goodyear
Aquatreds or Michelin XH4's or Rainforce MX4's.

All comments greatly appreciated.

Wes Rimel

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Need some tire advice

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email image

Last modified 12/27/96. Copyright ©1995, 1996 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, INTERLOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.