Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin V's to Dunlop H's for Acura CL

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dan on May 27, 1999 at 23:45:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin V's to Dunlop H's for Acura CL posted by carlos on May 27, 1999 at 17:11:15:

I disagree with you Carlos. When you say "If you drive a car with 200+ horsepower then you
should be in a V rated tire whether you drive slow or not," I disagree because just because
a tire is V rated doesn't mean it's a good tire. I can buy a V (or even Z) rated Eagle GA
or a H rated P6000. The GA has terrible dry and wet traction, but it is quiet. The P6000 has
worlds more traction, wet or dry, and even costs less. It is a 3-season tire however. Hell,
the Dunlop D60A2 costs a LOT less than the Eagle and offers more dry and wet traction.
I've owned all three of these tires so I can speak from experience, and tire tests by the
Tire Rack and CR's will say the same thing. Just because a tire has a "V" written on the
sidewall doesn't mean it's gonna offer more traction than a good H-rated tire, I can't
help it if your wife bought cheapy tires, but the reason the car wondered was because
the tires were cheap POS and not because they were H rated .... cheap tires are cheap
tires, it doesn't matter if they're H, V, or even Z speed rated. So personally, given the
choice between a so-so V rated tire or a better H rated tire (better than the V rated tire
in question), give me the better H rated.
tire

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Michelin V's to Dunlop H's for Acura CL

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.