Re: Michelin X-Ones for '96 Pontiac Bonneville?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MarkC on May 24, 1999 at 17:46:20:

In Reply to: Michelin X-Ones for '96 Pontiac Bonneville? posted by J.Dean on May 19, 1999 at 12:11:20:

Check out the Yokohama AVID's they are a great tire for the money. I have them on a 90 Olds Regency. No offense but I don't think the comparison to the ride quality exists for Mazda GLC or Camaro. I have a 90 IROC and it rides like a tank, I also have a 90 Grand Am. It handles better than the Olds but nothing like the Camaro. I hear a lot of good about the Michelin's but Also comments on road noise and harsh ride on the X-ones. They're an all season radial with "Lifetime" waranty Some dealers I talked to (That stock and carry them) have reported customer complaints about road noise and a hard ride. Can't argue with the treadwear or quality though. Hard to get anyone to "talk bad" about Michellin's. Sometimes even strike a nerve with "True Blue" tire fanatics even suggesting any flaws with the "super tire"! Only thing bad I've heard about Yokohama's are they tend to squeal more. I have heard them "squeal" on exit ramps at 60+ mph but they still stick good. I kinda like the fact I get some warning before the whole car slides to the guard rail! I don't think many people push their cars to the limit enough to gage where they loose traction(sure I'll get a few quips about that remark). I looked at a lot of tires and the tread pattern on the Yoko's are very smooth looking. The only other tire close is the X-one but once again I was told they use a harder and more compound to get the tread wear. Makes sense. All that said I've found tire dealers are salemen first and tire experts second. No suprise. I would be too if I sold tires.

Use it or toss it just an opinion........................

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Michelin X-Ones for '96 Pontiac Bonneville?

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.