Re: Lug Nut Torque

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by carlos on May 19, 1999 at 18:09:48:

In Reply to: Lug Nut Torque posted by John Morrelles on May 19, 1999 at 14:56:34:

John
I have have run into the same problem too many times. I now demand that they hand torque the lug nuts on my Vett. Cracking wheels could be a real problem because it's hard to see the damage. If you have any damage you might be able to get them to replace the part. I had an impact wrench damage my wheel nuts and the dealer replaced them at my insistance(worth about $80.00 in parts). Most of the time is the inexperience of the person doing the work.
Don't spend too much time looking at their charts because it will just cloud the issue.
Look for damage they can see (scratches, nicks, damaged parts, etc.). & keep your cool. Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Lug Nut Torque

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.