Re: Lug Nut Torque

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ernie on May 19, 1999 at 16:15:07:

In Reply to: Lug Nut Torque posted by John Morrelles on May 19, 1999 at 14:56:34:

I had the same experience once. I was told by my mechanic that the tire shop must have used an air wrench meant for trucks on my wheel. Even he had trouble loosening the nut. Now I have my mechanic change the tires. I just buy the tires at the shop and take them to my mechanic who torques the wheel nuts properly. Most of these tire shop people are 'grease gorillas'. My mechanic told me one lady had the lug nuts tightened so much that the alloy wheel cracked. She said only the tire dealers had touched her tires but as usual they never admit to any wrongdoing. Maybe its time for NBC 20/20 to catch them on the hidden camera. Its really funny to see how these people tried to lie and deny any fault even when shown video footages of their scams.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: Lug Nut Torque

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.