Re: General AmeriG4S, as replacements PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steel on April 28, 1999 at 00:46:54:

In Reply to: General AmeriG4S, as replacements PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! posted by Angie on April 27, 1999 at 15:20:18:

okay, this is personal advice, I say this so no one attacks me for my opinion..haha From what I have heard about Generals, they are so-so tires...I have never heard anyone brag about them. And if you got 110,000 miles out of those FR480s, without rotating...well, that's pretty impressive (do you know the gas petal goes down farther? =) I don't know where you are living at, but you should be able to find some other comparable tires for around that price...if you have an America's Tire near you, I would check them out. They will also match anyone else's prices. My experiences with them have been pretty good...after that, I would probably say sears. Places that specialize more on tires tend to have more knowledgable employees which can= less problems down the road. Okay, so these are some broad generalizations, but that's what I've seen and heard.
If you do look for some other tires in the cheaper price range, I would say look for some Yokohamas or Bridgestones (Michelins are always more!) And stay away from cheaper Goodyears! Okay, good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: Re: Re: General AmeriG4S, as replacements PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Comments:

Optional:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Tires BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Back to Autopedia Home Page

email imageemail image

Last modified 01/14/99. Copyright ©1995-99 by AUTOPEDIA, all rights reserved. AUTOPEDIA, AUTO411, CAR-IQ, DEALERPEDIA, UNILOT, SIMULSEARCH and INTERQUOTE-RFP are trademarks of AUTOPEDIA. All other trademarks, tradenames and/or service marks are the property of their respective holders.